Bulky items include all items that are used to furnish a house but that cannot be placed in one of the bins.
Bulky items are picked up by a special truck, once a month, free of charge, on call only. To request pick-up of such items call Compo Recycle: 450 882-9186, ext. 306.
Please consult the residual material collection schedule to find out during which week pick-up takes place. As the exact day may vary, make sure to leave your items at the curb on early Monday morning of the appropriate week.
Drop-off at the Écocentre
You can also drop your bulky items off at the Écocentre, into a designated container, free of charge. Proof of residency is required.
Types of bulky items
- Furniture, electrical appliances
- Hot water tanks
- Computers and their accessories
- Doors and windows
- Carpet, rugs (cut into sections, 4 feet in length, weighing no more than 25 kg (55 lbs)
- Garden furniture and accessories
The following are NOT considered bulky items:
- Demolition material (brick, wood, gypsum, shingles, cement, linoleum, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Large branches and stumps
These items must be brought to the Écocentre. For more information, please refer to Écocentre section.