The Municipality has adopted Contract Management By-law no118-128 and its amendment, which provides for measures to:
- Promote compliance with applicable laws that address bid-rigging;
- Ensure compliance with the Loi sur la transparence et l’éthique en matière de lobbyisme (RLRQ, c. T-11.011) and the Code de déontologie des lobbyistes (RLRQ, c. T-11.011, r.0.2);
- Prevent acts of intimidation, influence peddling or corruption;
- Prevent situations of conflict of interest;
- Prevent any other situation that could compromise the impartiality and objectivity of the bid solicitation process and resulting contract management;
- Provide a framework for the making of any decision that has the effect of authorizing the amendment of a contract;
- Encourage the rotation of potential counterparties with respect to contracts involving an expenditure of $25,000 or more, but less than the threshold adjusted by ministerial regulation requiring the public call for tenders.
To view the by-law, click here
Anyone intending to enter into a contract with the Municipality is invited to read this by-law and to inquire with the Director-General and Secretary-Treasurer if they have any questions in this regard.
In addition, anyone who has information regarding the non-compliance with any of the measures contained therein, is asked to inform the Director-General and Secretary-Treasurer.