Bulky items include all items that are used to furnish a house but that cannot be placed in one of the bins.
Firstly, consider giving away or selling your bulky items, if they are still in good condition. If this is not possible, you have the option to request that they be picked-up or you can bring them to the Ecocentre yourself.
Bulky items are picked up free of charge, on call only. To request pick-up of such items call Compo Recycle one week in advance: 450 882-9186, ext. 306.
Please consult the 2022 calendar to find out during which week pick-up takes place. As the exact day may vary, make sure to leave your items at the curb on Sunday evening of the appropriate week.
Drop-off at the Écocentre
You can also drop your bulky items off at the Écocentre all year-round, free of charge. Proof of residency is required.
A container is now available at the Ecocentre where you can dispose of your furniture and materials that are still in good condition, so other citizens can take them for free.
Types of bulky items
- Furniture, electrical appliances
- Air conditionners
- Hot water tanks
- Toilets and shower stralls
- Computers and their accessories
- Doors and windows
- Carpet, rugs (cut into sections, 3 feet in length, weighing no more than 25 kg (55 lbs)
- Garden furniture and accessories
The following are NOT considered bulky items:
- Demolition material (brick, wood, gypsum, shingles, cement, linoleum, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Large branches and stumps
These items must be brought to the Écocentre. For more information, please refer to Écocentre section.