The Alice-Quintal Library is a world of discovery for kids, teens, adults and seniors. Everyone in your family will find something of interest in our collection of over 33,000 documents, books, audio books, magazines, newspapers, large print books, in French and English.
You will have access to documents from throughout the region as well as the province of Quebec via the national interlibrary network. Alice-Quintal library is also a recreational area for conferences, breakfast chats, book signings, storytelling, book clubs and more!
It offers high speed Internet and free Wi-Fi. It is also virtually accessible 24/7, and where you can consult your file, renew library loans, reserve books/documents without leaving the comfort of your home!
The qualified staff and dedicated volunteers of the Alice-Quintal Library bid you a warm welcome.
450 834-2596, ext. 7162
3643 Queen St.
Rawdon (Québec) J0K 1S0
Covid-19 | Families and readers alike will be pleased to learn that the Alice-Quintal Library will reopen its doors to the public on Tuesday September 1st. Please note that late fees will resume once the library is open again.
Families and readers alike will be pleased to learn that the Alice-Quintal Library will reopen its doors to the public on Tuesday September 1st.
The reopening will be done in accordance with the sanitary guidelines.
- A maximum of 15 patrons will be allowed in the library at a time.
- We will ask visitors, who are not from the same household, to maintain a 2 meter distance from other people.
- It will be mandatory to take a basket at the entrance.
- The wearing of a mask and the disinfection of hands will be mandatory.
- It will not be possible to use the public furniture, the computers, the tablet, the games library nor the consultation terminal.
Please note that late fees will resume once the library is open again.
The catalog provides access to the library portal, digital book loans, viewing of resources and much more!
Access the online catalog
Don’t forget to regularly update your “Favorites”!
Beginning September 1st:
Tuesday 10 am to 4 pm
Wednesday 10 am to 4 pm
Thursday 1 pm to 8 pm
Friday 1 pm to 8 pm
Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
You can borrow digital books through your file at any time from the online catalog. Book returns via the book drop only (next to the Town Hall main entrance).
For information: 450 834-2596, ext. 7162 or by email email@example.com
- Registration is free for any Rawdon resident or tax payer (proof of residency and identity are required);
- Non-resident: $40 per year;
- Child under 14 years old: registration card must be signed by a parent / legal guardian;
- Replacement of a lost or damaged membership card: $5.
By joining, the member makes a commitment to respect library rules.
- Loans are renewable (21 days) at the Library (you must have the books/documents with you) or by Internet with your PIN number (maximum two renewals per book/document);
- No renewals without the membership card and book/document.
- No renewals by telephone;
- Books/documents that are late or reserved cannot be renewed.
- 0.15 per book/document, per day beyond the due day
- The member is responsible for borrowed books/documents;
- The member must pay for any lost or damaged book/document. The cost includes applicable taxes and an administrative fee.
Beginning September 1st, even though the library will be open to the public, the Alice-Quintal Library will continue to offer some of the services deployed in recent months:
- Online reservation of books (catalog)
- Home delivery for members 70 years of age and over
- Book returns via the book drop only (next to the Town Hall main entrance) The books are quarantined for 72 hours.
Regular services offered at the library:
- Loan of documents
- Reservation of documents
- Purchase suggestions
- Inter-library loans
- Computers available on site
- Library member file on-line
- New arrivals section
- Assistance and advice in the search of documents
- Information desk
- Assistance in the use of the catalogue
- Photocopy and printing service (black ink only)
- Animation and activities
- Internet access and Wi Fi
- Book deposit
- Mobile library in seniors’ residence
Until further notice, there are no activities planned. It will not be possible to use the public furniture, the computers, the tablet, the games library nor the consultation terminal.